Life, Books, & Loves Presents: A Recipe – Almond Butter Cup Fat Bombs by Monique M Austin
What are Fat Bombs?
Fat Bombs are delectable high-fat, low-carb and low-protein little snacks made from a combination of ingredients such as butter, unsweetened chocolate, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil, nuts, and seeds. They were originally design for the Ketogenic diet, which the fat bombs are a convenient source of energy and ideal for adding healthy fats to meet personal targets. When someone meets their targets of a high-fat, low-carb diet that induces ketosis, a state of starvation where the body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrates.
- 4 Tablespoons Kelapo Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted (Calories 484//Total Fat 56//Total Carbs 0//Protein 0)
- 4 Tablespoons Maranatha All Natural No Stir Raw Maple Almond Butter Creamy (Calories 360//Total Fat 30//Total Carbs 18//Protein 12)
- 4 Tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour (Calories 160//Total Fat 14//Total Carbs 6//Protein 6)
- 4 scoops Naked PB Powder (Calories 200//Total Fat 6//Total Carbs 16//Protein 24)
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chip Sugar Free (Calories 628//Total Fat 56//Total Carbs 25//Protein 13)
- 3 Tablespoon Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, Unsalted (Calories 100//Total Fat 12//Total Carbs 0//Protein 0)
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple almond butter, almond flour, and peanut butter powder.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; I heated the mixture in 15 seconds intervals stirring until smooth.
- Drop ½ teaspoonful of chocolate mixture, then 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another ½ teaspoonful of chocolate mixture.
- The mold can be place in the refrigerator or freezer until set.
- Once set, place the fat bombs in an airtight container in the refrigerator or left in the freezer.