Mary Poppins is back!
Oh, how exciting to see a teaser of the trailer. I’ve been waiting for this moment, and it’s finally here! Here’s the 5 best Mary Poppins Returns trailer moments!
5 Best Mary Poppins Returns Teaser Trailer Moments
- The cast. Emily Blunt plays the practically perfect nanny probably perfectly! The cast includes Lin-Manuel Miranda as her friend Jack. Colin Firth, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, and Meryl Streep are all all in the film too!
- The costumes. Three time Academy Award winner Sandy Powell made costumes for the film. You can see there are nods to the original Mary Poppins. In Emily’s costume she’s wearing a robin on her head similar to the one the original Mary sings to. She also holds the parrot-head umbrella. I’m betting this one talks in the new movie too.
- Familiar scenes. The green kite with the newspaper clippings and the tail as the Votes for Women sash Mrs. Banks wore, it’s there. I wonder what other type of Easter eggs we will catch in the movie?
- The timeline. The film is set in the 1930s. Michael and Jane are grown now. Michael has three kids of his own. They’re having a tough go after a family crisis. Will Mary be able to save the day?
- The colors. Gloomy clouds, gust of wind, darkness and foreboding seem to take the screen. Mary shows and she makes everything bright and happy.
Who’s excited to see this movie? I know I am! This is going to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!
Like MARY POPPINS RETURNS on Facebook
Follow Walt Disney Studios on Twitter
Follow Walt Disney Studios on Instagram
MARY POPPINS RETURNS arrives in theatres everywhere on December 25, 2018!
DISCLOSURE – Information from Disney. Post may contain affiliate links. Opinion belongs to the contributor of Life, Books & Loves.